Travelling Abroad - Be Aware

Facebook Linkedin Twitter RSS
Your have 0 properties in your shortlist - View Shortlist >>

Refine Your Search

What if something goes badly wrong while you’re abroad? What if you’re the victim of a crime, or fall ill?

What if someone close to you dies abroad, or suffers other serious misfortune? In this section we explain how we can help.

The Consular Assistance team in London can be reached on:
020 7008 1500 (+44 20 7008 1500 from abroad)
This number operates 24 hours a day

Sick or injured abroad

Information on how the British Embassy can help if you are admitted to hospital whilst abroad

Arrest or detention

This page explains what assistance we can offer British nationals arrested or imprisoned abroad including a contact number and a list of support organisations.

Victims of crime abroad

This page provides general advice on what to do if you are a victim of crime whilst abroad, including information on replacing lost or stolen passports

Crisis Overseas

This page provides general advice and information on how we can help if you are affected by a crisis overseas

Rape and sexual assault abroad

Advice on what you should do if you are sexually assaulted whilst abroad, including how the local Embassy can help.

Coping with death abroad

This section explains what we can do to help you in the unfortunate event of a friend or relative dies whilst overseas including contact numbers and what you can do if the death occurs in suspicious circumstances.

Forced marriage

Information on what the FCO's Forced Marriage Unit does, and links to information for victims and professionals.

Missing persons

Advice on what to do, and what we can do to help, when you suspect someone has gone missing abroad

Parental child abduction

Information and practical advice for anyone affected by international parental child abduction or involved in residence and contact disputes overseas, including contact details of our specialist Child Abduction Unit.

Female genital mutilation

Female genital mutilation is illegal in the UK. If you know someone at risk of FGM you can find information and contacts here that can help.

Victims of terrorist incidents

What we can do to help in the case of terrorist incidents.

In association with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and our partners Buy Association we would like to bring you this video guide to buying property abroad.